Indian Monsoon, Weather Forecasting and Agromet Advisory Services
Learn the technical know how of weather predictions and its related practical applications
Your Learning Agenda
- Indian monsoon and its prediction
- Earth and its atmosphere
- Solar radiation
- General circulation of atmosphere and wind
- Air temperature and their importance
- Clouds, their types and classification
- Precipitation, their types and forms
- Atmospheric moisture and dew
- Thunderstorm and atmospheric lightening
- Weather hazards and weather abnormalities
- Weather forecasting
- Agromet advisory services under Gramin Krishi Mausam Sewa – India Meteorological Department
- Brainstorming Video: A video will be released of every week which will help the learner get an overview of the course and will also unveil the strategies of how the learner can probe in-depth into the course.
- Reading Materials: Will be available as text documents or as online links.
- Supplementary Material: Each reading material will be supported by references, suggested readings and other video clippings related to the topic/sub-topics of the week.
- Quiz-based Assessments: A Quiz will be released on every weekend based on the topic and sub-topic of that particular week.
- Chat Box: This feature will enable the learner to post the query to the concerned expert directly.
- Webinar: An open discussion forum between the learner and the experts including course instructor and other course related experts, will be scheduled at the end of every week.
Who can learn?
The course is designed for students, scholars, industry personnel’s, extension professionals, person from development agencies, progressive farmers, young and budding entrepreneurs, enthusiasts and other interested people who have interest in acquiring basic knowledge about bio-control agents and want to learn about the mass production techniques.
Dr. R.K. Singh, Professor, Agrometeorology
Dr. Rajeev Ranjan, Assistant Professor, Agrometeorology