Become a pro in the science and practice of mushroom cultivation.
Your Learning Agenda
- Introduction and morphological features of mushroom
- Importance of mushroom cultivation and present production scenario
- Farm design for mushroom cultivation
- Spawn preparation
- Compost preparation for cultivation of button mushroom
- Cultivation technology of button mushroom
- Cultivation technology of oyster mushroom
- Cultivation technology of paddy straw mushroom
- Cultivation technology of milky mushroom
- Diseases of mushroom and their management
- Management of insect pests and nematodes of mushroom
- Processing, preservation and value addition of mushroom
- Brainstorming Video: A video will be released of every week which will help the learner get an overview of the course and will also unveil the strategies of how the learner can probe in-depth into the course.
- Reading Materials: Will be available as text documents or as online links.
- Supplementary Material: Each reading material will be supported by references, suggested readings and other video clippings related to the topic/sub-topics of the week.
- Quiz-based Assessments: A Quiz will be released on every weekend based on the topic and sub-topic of that particular week.
- Chat Box: This feature will enable the learner to post the query to the concerned expert directly.
- Webinar: An open discussion forum between the learner and the experts including course instructor and other course related experts, will be scheduled at the end of every week.
Who can learn?
The course is designed for students, scholars, industry personnel’s, extension professionals, person from development agencies, progressive farmers, young and budding entrepreneurs, enthusiasts and other interested people who have interest in acquiring basic knowledge about bio-control agents and want to learn about the mass production techniques.
Dr. Pramod Mall, Professor, Entomology, College of Agriculture
An expert of apiculture and pollinator management, he has an experience of almost 20 years in the field of teaching and research in honey bee and pollinators. His significant contribution includes the establishment of Model Bee Garden for research and training within 80 acres in University campus and planted 16000 varieties of bee plants for bee garden and worked as Joint Director MBRT for four years. He has served as Officer Incharge of Horticultural Research and Extension Centre, Dhakrani and paved the way to strengthen the research and KVK centre at Dhakrani. He has standardized royal jelly production technique and mass queen rearing technique. He has published five books, 45 research papers, 35 popular articles and several book chapters to his credit. He has handled six research projects on honey bee and pollinators worth rupees three crores.