Processing Of Fruits Vegetables And Spices
Get ready to learn the smart and systemic ways of processing your fruits, vegetables and spices.
Your Learning Agenda
- Food Processing - Status and Scope
- Establishment of a Food Processing Plant – Technical and Legal Perspective
- Manufacture and Preservation of Fruit Juices and Pulps and Fruits and Vegetables in Other Forms
- Manufacture of Fruit Beverages
- Manufacture of IMFs – Jam, Jelly, Preserve etc.
- Manufacture of Pickles
- Freezing and Frozen Storage of Vegetables and Fruits
- Fruit and Vegetable Processing Waste Utilization
- Processing of Spices
- Processing and Handling of Miscellaneous Foods
- Brainstorming Video: A video will be released of every week which will help the learner get an overview of the course and will also unveil the strategies of how the learner can probe in-depth into the course.
- Reading Materials: Will be available as text documents or as online links.
- Supplementary Material: Each reading material will be supported by references, suggested readings and other video clippings related to the topic/sub-topics of the week.
- Quiz-based Assessments: A Quiz will be released on every weekend based on the topic and sub-topic of that particular week.
- Chat Box: This feature will enable the learner to post the query to the concerned expert directly.
- Webinar: An open discussion forum between the learner and the experts including course instructor and other course related experts, will be scheduled at the end of every week.
Who can learn?
The course is designed for students, scholars, industry personnel’s, extension professionals, person from development agencies, progressive farmers, young and budding entrepreneurs, enthusiasts and other interested people who have interest in acquiring basic knowledge about cultivation of different horticultural crops.
Dr. S.K. Sharma, Professor, Food Science and Technology
Dr. Sabbu Sangeeta, Assistant Professor, Food Science and Technology